Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recap: Kettelbell focus on Tuesday March 30

Here's a recap of Tuesday March 30 PT Gym set @ Sats Tule. Still getting the hang of getting back into action. The slower phase of tough training has been ok as I've kept my strength pretty well, and just lost some cardio.  I am still nursing out a small cold and throat that's keeping me from going for full.

* Warmups with lots of agility and stretching.

* Focus on heavy kettle bell swings going all the way to 32 kg and 3x8,  after a mix of lifts with 24kg. The technique feels really good, and we also made some small adjustments that gave great result. I really enjoy this exercise.














* Dips with added weight between the legs. 4 sets of 5 --if I remember right with dumbbells going up to 16kg (?)

* Knees to Elbows mixed with Pull ups -- doing a mix of 1 to 1 up to 10 reps . First set ok. Then a mix for 2nd and 3rd set. Effective and challenging mix.

* Head Standing Pushups - 2 sets of 3, first with 3 in a row, and the 2nd 2+1.

Overall good achievement and cool that I've kept strength, but wouldn't go for full cardio this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment