Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekly mix

I have 3 weeks to cover on the blog and will do detailed recaps of my exercise regime. Lot's of stuff going on both good and challenging to get on with :-)

On a positive note I've now started to train at CrossFit Nordic in Stockholm (2 weeks ago) and will  write about those first sessions, and also last weeks sets when we were in Alcudia, Spain for a week of vacation.

I was able to complete two trainings this week Tuesday and Sunday:

Tuesday 25th

Did the set at a Nordic work conference - at Grand Hotel Saltsjöbaden. We had some hours of free time in the program, and what better way to get the energy flowing than heading down to the gym for some cardio and lifting.

Focused on a similar set-up I got to use for the Spain trip:

WU: 3x10 Pushups, Situps, Squats, Burpees

HSPU 3x5 mixed with Shoulder presses -- I picked the heaviest barbells which I believe was about 35-40kg. I also did some frontsquats to mix it up.

Finished with a chipper of:
21-15-9
Burpees
Situps
Squats

Next set was today - Sunday 30th at CrossFit Nordic.

Started with warm up and did jump rope and overhead squats. I haven't done much jump rope in the past, but will incorporate it in my daily routine.

Focus then was to stretch and get better agility with front squats .

We then started a set of 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 with Front squats (50kg), Deadlifts (100kg) and Ring Dips. Started out great, but I then stopped short in round 3 (going for 8) with massive halt for no good reason than I was mixing up pain & pleasure . Not a proud moment, but will provide a comeback for next week. The weights is no problem, but my head were somewhere else. Although Dealifts is no problem, and I had great performance on the ring dips which is very positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment