Monday, January 16, 2012

Gym work with Clean and HSPU

Thursday 12 January @ CrossFit Nordic

Warm-up and agility

Burpees (w/u the pushups) - as fast as possible

Various Clean - and bar exercises for technique up to 60 kg in sets of 3
- We really focused on getting technique, from quickly sitting down to having the feet in exact position doing these lifts over and over...

HSPU - Hand stand pushups
3 sets of 5, 6 (aiming for 7) , 5 (aiming for 7) reps in between clean 
Overall happy with my performance - my personal best is 8, an I am not so far away right now.

* 3 sets of 9-7-5 reps of
Pull-ups
Clean (50kg)
Burpees 

*The kipping pull-ups goes great throughout, although I had to stop in between the first set of clean with 50kg as I did not have the flow to crank them out. 50 feels heavy to do 9 in a row. I stopped in the 2nd round of 7 cleans. This is a great exercise keeping the blood pumping -- as a punishment for taking some time I  had to do extra burpees so overall I had good "fluster". I'll work on the quick clean approach and get the machine going!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment